CRUNCHY POSTGRESQL CONTAINER SUITE
The Crunchy PostgreSQL Container Suite makes it possible for data architects to run and manage PostgreSQL databases in Linux containers.
Featuring a set of pre-packaged Docker containers and Kubernetes services, the Crunchy Container Suite allows teams to run and manage PostgreSQL in Kubernetes-based environments, such as the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. The Container Suite includes a containerized version of Crunchy PostgreSQL 9.5 with the PostGIS extension, along with eight different PostgreSQL DBA micro-services packaged in containers.
The complete set of open sourced Crunchy PostgreSQL containers includes the following and can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/CrunchyData/crunchy-containers.
- crunchy-postgres – runs Crunchy PostgreSQL (with PostGIS) and performs a backup restore
- crunchy-backup – performs a pg_basebackup on a database container
- crunchy-pgbadger – hosts a simple http server that executes pgbadger against a database container to produce HTML reports that provide detailed PostgreSQL log analysis
- crunchy-pgpool – provides a pgpool container that lets applications access a PostgreSQL cluster via a single connection
- crunchy-collect – collects 32 different PostgreSQL metrics from a database container and pushed them to a Prometheus time series data store
- crunchy-grafana – provides a web based graphing dashboard for collected PostgreSQL metrics
- crunchy-prometheus – provides a Prometheus datastore for metrics collection
- crunchy-pgbouncer – provides a simple form of automated failover as well as basic pg_bouncer connection pooling
- crunchy-watch – provides a form of automated failover by watching a PostgreSQL cluster’s master and triggers a failover on a slave if the master is not responding
CRUNCHY POSTGRESQL CONTAINER SUITE IN RED HAT OPENSHIFT
Crunchy Data has been certified by Red Hat as an OpenShift Primed technology partner. The Crunchy Container Suite is designed to work within the Red Hat OpenShift container platform and any other Kubernetes-based container platform.