Our Approach to Helping You Succeed Online
We’ve seen what happened after your previous developer left town or just stopped returning your calls. You spent a fortune on your website, and you were left wondering what your own user ID and password were for your site. Or worse, you didn’t know where your site was hosted, or whether Google Analytics had ever been installed.
Or maybe you have a solid structure for your website already, and you need to bring the design into the 21st century.
We take the time to learn what your online goals are for your business and where you stand in cyberspace before we begin carefully planning your site’s infrastructure. And if you don’t already have a website, no worries–sometimes it’s better to start from nothing than to try to come back from a site that was hacked or penalized by Google for some reason. Although if that’s the case for you, we can help with that, too.
Not only that, but we integrate SEO (search engine optimization) best practices into your website. Because just having a pretty WordPress website is like having a pretty prom dress hanging in the closet and no date for the dance. No one will ever see it. And we wouldn’t stand you up like that.
Your website will incorporate great design, structural integrity, and be ready for prime-time marketing. We’ll answer your questions about what we’re doing as we develop your site. Nothing up our sleeves. We are ethical WordPress website designers, developers, and SEO consultants. We know WordPress, and we understand and apply organic SEO proven methodologies, as every website developer should.
Our Experience (and What We Wish You Knew About Your Website)
And that’s what we need you to understand—-teamwork is essential to your online success.
The days when your brother’s best friend could throw a successful, visible website together for you in a couple of days are gone. If you don’t believe us, check out CrunchyData’s 2002 version in the WayBack Machine. Our founder launched this site in 2002 to promote her database development services. Her best friend from college built the original CrunchyData site with a scrolling marquee to advertise her own site development skills, which were impressive for the time. But that original site has seen at least 10 updated configurations in as many years.
As a team, we are educated and experienced SEO strategists, programmers, copywriters, editors, and WordPress developers with more than twelve years of combined WordPress experience. We study Internet marketing trends and changes daily, and meet at least weekly to analyze, test, and plan. We own more than 40 domains, and we continually test our methods on our own websites so that we can apply the most effective methodologies to your website.
WordPress has several other notable advantages over traditional HTML (or even Flash-based) websites, including the fact that major search engines tend to index and update content from WordPress sites much more quickly than those based on other platforms.
You, or any of your staff should be able to add pages, blog posts, images, or videos to your site, as WordPress is an ideal CMS (content management system) not only for blogs, but for entire websites.
Why Retaining Control of Your Own Online Assets is Essential
Likewise, we will ask you to establish any user names and passwords for your analytics and social networking accounts and to file those logins in a secure location. We have seen too many clients lose control of their online assets when previous developers set up client logins, then go out of business or lose contact with clients. We take our responsibility to protect your online presence very seriously.
We recommend GoDaddy for your WordPress hosting. GoDaddy is our preferred host, and that’s who we use for our own website hosting. GoDaddy has knowledgeable support techs with strong communication skills on hand to answer the phone 24/7. And unlike many hosting companies, GoDaddy will answer questions relating to WordPress when they can, which in our experience means almost always. Also, if you break your site or it gets hacked, you can turn the clock back with a few button clicks. Many hosts will charge you $200 or more to do that for you, but GoDaddy provides an easy method for you to do this yourself, or you can hire us to do this for $65.
Highlights of Our WordPress Website Development Services
- We offer a full range of WordPress website design and development services
- All sites installed via WordPress, a simple content management system
- Most sites can be completed within two weeks of contracted start date
- We are local to the San Francisco Bay Area, and available to help local and West Coast clients during your business hours
- We are transparent—no “secret sauce,” just straight talk
- Our writers and editors are English speakers and writers with professional writing experience, and your site will reflect that.
- We offer optional monthly maintenance and content packages for your convenience
- We can also teach you to maintain your website in-house with the WordPress content management system, and we customize your site to meet or exceed your expectations.
Our Website Development Process
- Developer interviews Client and defines Project Plan based on assessment of needs and preferences
- Developer submits Project Plan to Client for approval
- Client returns approved Project Plan and renders project deposit
- Developer conducts keyword assessment and sends proposed list of top 5 keyword phrases to client for approval and editing
- Client submits site content and final keyword list to Developer
- Developer creates website prototype, including all Project Plan features, and submits for Client changes/approval
- Client notifies developer of changes or approval
- Developer completes requested changes and re-submits for Client approval
- Client notifies developer of changes or approval
- Developer completes final round of changes, reviews design and updates functional and design items as needed to meet Project Plan scope
- Developer notifies Client of launch readiness
- Client approves final design and submits final project payment
- Developer transfers site to Client’s hosting for live launch
- Developer tests live site and corrects any technical issues
- Developer notifies Client of launch success and sends website log in credentials for client access
- Developer sends client access to analytics data
- Developer schedules one hour of complimentary WordPress training with Client
After we complete our analysis of your specific needs and budget based on your answers to our assessment questionnaire, we will email a contract to you outlining the terms and timeline for your project. After you initial each section of the contract, please sign it and either scan and email it to us. You may also choose to mail or hand-deliver it to us. After we receive your signed contract and your deposit we can begin work on your website.
We need to have received all of your content within two days of beginning work (or have contracted to develop your content), or we risk running into delays for the entire project. If we know in advance that you need more time to gather and send your content, we are better able to schedule around that.
We first outline your site navigation and structure based on best practices for SEO and usability. Then we will build your basic design using your colors and preferred layout. We will upload your images and text to complete your website.
After your initial prototype is complete, we will give you a link to our development website where you can view the layout and request changes and/or approve the design. Your contract will include two rounds of changes before completion.
After final approval of your design and final payment for your project, we will transfer your new website to your host. If we are replacing an existing site, we will do our best to minimize the impact of downtime on your website traffic by scheduling the transfer for late night hours whenever possible.
We work on a first paid, first scheduled basis and reserve the right to proceed with projects for other clients if we do not receive your deposit within 24 hours of sending your contract. We accept PayPal same-day payments via verified PayPal account, credit, or debit card.
Deliverables for all WordPress Packages
All of our WordPress websites include the following, as well as any additional features included in your project plan:
- Unique custom design for your website
- WordPress Installation and Hosting Set Up (if needed)
- Configurable Sidebar
- Five pages, including:
- Home (with your content uploaded)
- About (with your content uploaded)
- Contact with basic form, phone number, and clickable email address
- Additional custom page with your content uploaded and optimized
- Custom permalinks configured
- Keyword research and strategy consultation
- Image and alt tag optimization
- Breadcrumbs (on-page navigation)
- Basic contact form
- Social media integration
- Content sharing buttons
- Redirected URLs to map old pages to new pages
- Cache optimization
- FeedBurner set up
- RSS subscription button and email form
- Analytics installation
- A control panel to manage your web pages and edit content on demand.
- Compatibility with all current major web browsers and mobile devices
- Testing and verification that your site’s features are in working order
- An integrated blog if requested and included in your project plan
- XML sitemap creation
- Submission of XML Sitemap to Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- One hour of WordPress training by phone, Skype, or in person
- One additional hour of support by eMail
Research and Planning
- Complete client interview and needs analysis
- Review existing website assets and functionality
- Review online presence
- Perform a competitive analysis
- Develop initial targeted list of keywords
- Approve final list of keywords
- Prepare map of new website
- Document potential call to actions
- Provide Client with strategy report for approval as part of Project Plan
When you’re happy with the design, we’ll send you a PayPal invoice with a link where you can pay the balance. Then we will install the design on your website and send you a link to your login screen with password and user name. We will also provide you with a link to a free online guide that will help you learn to edit and maintain your website, or you can hire us to train you or maintain your site for you, or any combination of those options.
WordPress Website Maintenance and Support Services
As with any website, your site may also experience technical issues from time to time, and we are available to support you with this on an hourly as-needed basis.
We’ve been changing with the times online since 2002, and we’ll help you do the same.
So believe us when we tell you that the days when you could launch your site and leave it alone for even six months are gone. You need the CrunchyData team in your corner.
Your site should be carefully constructed on a solid structure using a full range of current best practices, and then maintained on a regular—preferably weekly—basis. That is, if you want your market to find you.
We have the qualifications, experience, and the commitment to help you succeed online. Call or email us today to learn how we can help you build the best WordPress website for your small business.
Please contact us by leaving a voicemail at 925.386.6003, or via Email for more information. We look forward to working with you!